View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default My son Daniel (Danny)

This is for .ona that has ever wondered if a teenager can change. Or if there is hope when you keep trying and trying.

My son is 29 today will be 30 in October. He had a diagnoses of many thing:
anxiety, depression, anger, just being mad, conduct disorder, defiant behaviour disorder?, oppositional defianante disorder, adhd/non hyper disorder; learning disabilities. These are things that were all diagnosed between the age of 21/2 when the speech disorder was diagnosed, and the age of 8 when we started having more extensive disorders and problems put in the equation. m

At kindergarten after having spent 2 years looking for someone that could help my son with his speech issues, and the other issues I could see. But no one had a name for. He had no smile, no laughter, no happiness. He was always angry, oppositional and wanted to do the opposite of what you asked.
It was a challenge to teach him how to tell you what he wanted to do or what he needed.

At kindergarten age, after spending a year in a specialized pre-school. He was in the office more than class. For fighting, and other things.
He ended up spending a 2nd year in kindergarten/resource room, because he had a kindergarten teacher that helped me get him retested. And when he qualified during the last 9 weeks of the first year. We did a 1/2 day 3 days of the week of a fun program. So he would want to go back the next year.
See he wanted to stay home. But he was a handful, and was also depressed.

His 2nd grade and 3rd were a little better. But I am starting a new thread about 4th. I had just thought I had a behaviour problem till 4th grad chi
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-06-2011), BlueCarGal (07-10-2011), DiMarie (07-06-2011), waves (07-06-2011)