View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

We had issues with sadness, anger and conduct. All through his years.
At the age of 8 we started to see what was considered depression.
I easkfed by the school to consider getting him a counselor.

He also was doing some other things, like talking about killing people, and himself. I don't honestly know if he was harmful to some kinds of animals.
But I know that he had a destructive side, when he got into a mood, you
never let him out of your sight. But also one thing very unusual for kids was that he had almost no memory.

At this time, he also started drawing very black negative pictures. Talking about killing specific things, and he hated himself. He would get obsessive
with like his brother that was 3 years younger than him. And take his anger out on him. I had to really watch him, with him. My middle son Devin,
was very careful around him. To he sure not to say the wrong thing, look
at him wrong, anything. My son's moods, would go from good, to bad, to over the top. To al the sudden he would be explosive.p Then he would be
ready to sleep. It was really hard to know what to exoect,''

In 5th grade, he had gotten ahold of firecrackers, at school. threatened to
burn the school down. In one breath but then to go to the school dance er the next. with his girlfriend. Or to go to the bigger town and find a specific teacher and kill her kids. He had made sure someone found that picture.

He wanted help, he ws going through maniac, and depressive things right then. And wanted I believe to talk to someone. But he wouldn't allow himself to ask nohelp. At this point the school required again that we take him. But since we were already taking him. They chose another therapist to do a second session to see what they though.

All this time, not a one doctor could find a medicine that would help. They tried many. At 6th grade he went on Prozac, and it was something that was the best he had so far. I saw a child I had never seen. I saw HOPE.

We even had a young Man that apologized to the teacher that he had threateneds children the year before. This was his teacher this year. It happened to be one of his favorite. He used some phrases that weren't appropriate. But with help of her's and the therapist he was doing so much better.

He stayed on Prozac and Adderall for the add was added n March of this year.
Please understand the doctor's had refused to treat the ADD till we had a treatment for the depression and anger side.

We had a chance now. But in 8th grade things turned bad.

More to come
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-06-2011), BlueCarGal (07-10-2011), DiMarie (07-06-2011), mymorgy (07-06-2011), waves (07-06-2011)