View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Yup. it appears we may need to file an appeal do to the state trying to ue my boyfriend's income as mine. Which yes, we do live together, but no, we are not married. Legally I am not entitled to any of his earnings so if he decides to be a bonehead like he was earlier this year, I am on my own so I don;t see it being fair that his income counts as my own unless the laws have changed and I am magically entitled to half his stuff if we split up.

Plus, it appears that although I did everyhting on my end that was necessary, someone dropped the ball and never filed for my daughter. So now I get to add that to the list. Nothing the lawyer can o about mediciaid. So I am stuck with that one on my own and these people are not returning my calls and when i show up in person without an appointment, they let e leave a note before sending me on my way.

Of course the question for the lawyer was a pretty simple one. Seeing as I am being evaluated on his income, does this also mean I get to claim his daughter as a dependant and file for benefits on her behalf too? Because that is the only way that would even begin to make sense to me.

So the lawyer has brought out his fine tooth comb to go through the numbers and should be getting back to me.

I don't need the stress right now.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (07-06-2011)