View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 04:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
May I ask....what is "fine"? Doctors will tell you fine/normal when you test at 200... because lab ranges in US are old, and not up to date. You should be at 400 at least or maybe more.

Please check that out. Vit D is very important today because of all the new research coming out.

Call your doctor back and get your numbers. That is the only way you can know if it is "fine" or not.
Pardon me for jumping in....mrsD, I am trying to find out about what is happening with vit d research, hard to find the reliable info, lots of "urban legends". In 2007 my vit D level was so low it was not measurable and I was treated for several weeks, but never it was never followed up (doc assumed it would normalize, I did not realize how important it was). Jan 2011 level 19 ng/ml range 30-100. Started on and continue 1000 ius daily. Told it was normal in May, waiting for my records to be given to me (prob end of month). I eat a good balanced diet, go out into the sun, do not take any meds that would interfer with absorbtion. Until I found this forum, I had a "so what" attitude.
JB63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote