View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked Good grief, Has this EVER happened to any of you RSD'ers?

I had the strangest experience the other day.

As y'all know, I have RSD in my hands/ arms/ shoulders, feet/ legs and back.

Well, the other day I was at physical therapy, and my day was going so-so... I wasn't in agonizing pain, and I was able to do my exercises fairly well. Well, after 90 minutes of exercises my physical therapist moved on to our hands-on time- desensitization (my favorite- NOT!). Well, after rubbing my one arm with different textured fabrics, he moved down to my leg on the opposite side. All of a sudden I felt something I NEVER have before-- it started in my right hand, crawled up it all the way into my shoulder, and then moved to my other UE, and then to both of my feet and legs-- it was SUPERRRRR HARDDDDD tingling and it felt like all of my muscles in those areas were stuck, tight and stretching... I told my therapist "something's not right", and explained this to him, and I told him, "I cannot move". My hands were bent and stuck in a clawed position.

Plain and simple, my fingers, and everywhere would not bend. I kept trying to move, but I COULDN'T! Like I was paralyzed, but I had the feeling in my body (I had it because I was just as hyper-sensitive as usual when he touched me)... I told my therapist this, and he started moving my fingers.

He also had me hold a soft squeezy ball, and try and relax (since I was in terrible pain at this point, being "desensitized"; I was crying and breathing really fast, hard and not at all correctly)...

It lasted about 45 minutes and then gradually I could move again!

What happened? Does anyone know?

I was so worried, as was my therapist... he even asked me if I wanted an ambulance. I just waited and things improved. That evening in bed the same thing happened to my left leg (which is the worse one of the two) and the rest of the evening and the next day I was weaker than usual and felt like moving was harder than it should've been.

I am utterly confused.

It hasn't happened since the two incidents in the same day!

See, at first I just thought that I was all tingly because of the after-feeling I get from things touching me (pain along with tingling), but I realized when I tried to move that it was worse than that!

I would love your thoughts and input!
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote