View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel ep3 05 View Post
Hey,

Im not sure if stetching is a problem just for me but when my crps started at a slow progressive rate 7 months ago with symptoms on and off, stretching my calf (behind my knee) or even straightening my knee would bring on the symptoms full on at night. The first 2 months I had no pain whatsoever keeping my knee bent at 90 degrees sitting down. Just pain when straightening the knee.

After doing a knee athroscopy towards the end of the second month with RSD (was not diagnosed yet), I had to keep the knee straight for around 6 days. This blew all the symptoms out of proportion. The pain then kicked in constantly however i found alot of relief keeping my knee bent at the time.

Now I still get some relief from keeping my knee bent sitting down but this is really bad for me physically so I have slowly started to lie down and keep the knee straight. The first week of doing so my pain increased but now I have started to tolerate it and dosent react so bad just from lying down.

The problem is that if i had to do some stretching, in particular to my calf and behind my knee, I get a very vicious reaction at night (my feet go red and hot and the burning is crazy).

Its strange because when I take it easy during the day and avois stretching my knee then I do not get the symptoms so strong at night. (my toes go slightly red and hot).

Anyone experience this reaction from stretching?

I don't know...call me crazy but has anyone looked at your lower back to rule out disc hernia causing radicular symptoms?
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote