View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow View Post
I would like to know if anyone has checked out myasthenia gravis. The more I read about it, the more it explains my "whole body" symptoms. Of course, I have to fight for pain meds.

I am finding that doctors are ridiculously closing their eyes to our situation, and our pain. IF you have any trouble breathing, this is a myesthenia gravis crisis symptom. It means our sympathetic system for breathing is not working. So you really need an advocate with you.

And with TOS and MG, there is no such thing as "muscle strengthening" for us. Gentle walk. No work strengthening, or you're going to make yourself have some bad symptoms.

If you can strengthen with no rebound, you might have something different from neurogenic TOS.

The sad thing is that we are so unique, that we have to do our own research, and keep fighting.
Tam,
My Neuro wanted to rule this out because so many symptoms can be similar. He was more concerned with optical myasthenia gravis. My eye has a droop and I had double vision one layer over the other, not side by side. There is a medication that is used. If you feel better then that is the diagx. I did not have relief so myasthenia gravis was ruled out. The minimal use of valium as a muscle relaxant relieved the symptoms, or managed them.
Hope you feel better.
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-15-2011)