View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
I appologize for not seeing this earlier as I would have responded immediately. I am old school and think you were discharged too soon unless you were transferred to a physical rehab. hospital which you qualified for. I wish you had gone, regardless. I hope you are feeling better now and the nausea has passed. It could have been some lingering anesthesia. I hope you were watching your temp.

I am certain you still have the achies. Even after the incission heals, there will be ongoing spasm for some time. That was some serious surgery and the surgeon did a lot of work in there. The entire area is angry for a lack of better words.

If the collar is giving you trouble, get yourself two soft collars. Wear one under the hard collar and it makes things more comfortable. They need to be washed about every two days as they get rather funky. If you have two, you will have a spare while the funky one is being washed and air dried.

Best wishes.

At your post op chronologic point and with the medication you are taking, it sounds like pretty much business as usual. You will likely feel a whole lot better more on a weekly basis than a daily one.

As far as doing two soft collars, forget it it unless your surgeon agrees to it. Mal or non-unions (not a good thing) run higher with multi-level fusions. Just say no. The more motion you induce across the surgical fusion the more likely you will mess things up and you will not be happy

Follow your surgeon's plan and his wisdom will lead you to the best outcome for you! He knows your situation best.
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote