Thread: PCS relapse???
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Well, actually, you have not beat PCS. It has you with a strong grip. Sensitivity to alcohol was the first thing my neurologist told me about back in 1971. You may be able to get back to normal except you will need to abstain from anything more than a glass or two of wine or maybe one beer. The slight head bumps from wrestling can be enough to trigger PCS symptoms.

Your history of multiple concussions easily puts you in the Multiple Impact Syndrome camp. Your brain will likely always be sensitive to even minor impacts and jolts. As you get older, this sensitivity will increase. By avoiding even the minor impacts, you can recover to a almost normal condition.

Don't be surprised if you have a recurrence of PCS symptoms from a normal sneezing attack.

You would be wise to establish a brain health nutrition regimen. Search this forum for nutrition and you will find many posts. Feed your brain good stuff and avoid bad stuff and you can live a full life. Avoid excessive caffeine and MSG or processed soy products.

Now, go be nice to your brain.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote