View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 02:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey IHH

I'm having a very hard RSD time at the moment so I apologise if my emails are not overly sensical..

I guess one thing I see on this forum is that everyone is affected by RSD in so many different ways - therefore I can't suggest whether yours may happen more often or less often or anything..

The only thing I can think of is to start pacing yourself so that you aren't doing 90mins physio followed by 90mins desense.. try ad have a break at some point and pace through the treatments. Oh, something else, passive movements - getting someone else to stretch your joints out SOMETIMES helps...

nowadays for me we try to keep the sensory load down as much as possible - when my muscle spasms get really bad we know the RSD can't take it anymore and that I have to stop for a minute before having another go. for instance, when the carer brushes my teeth it can send my head and jaw in to spasms - we tried an electric toothbrush but my brain went in to sensory overload.. That's just made me think - that might be why I cannot tolerate TV well? bizzare. It's also why my joints do that especially if they are being splinted and when my splints are off.

hope this is some small help and that things improve!

Love

FRxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx