Thread: PCS relapse???
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 05:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good luck jbird hope it goes away more quickly this time. Personally I've found relapses to be the most depressing part of PCS.

I'm pretty sure getting drunk brought my PCS back in May, when I felt like I was over it. The symptoms came back a few days later and coincided with me returning to work, so I've never been quite sure what the main reason was - but the headache I had the morning after was something else, the worst of my life, and I knew I'd done something bad...

Mark you speak as if this sensitivity to alcohol is permanent -is this likely to be the case? (I too am in the 'multiple impact camp') I was assuming I'd be able to get drunk again at some point though I was going to give it a good long wait after 'recovery' next time.

I'm not an alcoholic or anything but I've realised since my PCS that I relied quite a lot on exercise/sport and on getting pretty drunk every now and then to blow off steam. Can't do either at the moment and it's not helping the stress. Obviously if this sensitivity tends to be permanent I'll stick to my fruit juice - month-long hangovers aren't really my thing!

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote