Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
You must be worn out from dealing with the pain with no meds. I've cut down on mine a LOT and I still feel drained by the amount of emotional energy it takes to try and keep from taking a heavy pain killer in the knowledge that it may help disassociate myself with the pain.

In saying that, I've had a bad couple of weeks and given in .. and spent most of the days in bed or moping around the house .. that's not a life.

I think you are a definite candidate for a SCS .. and although it wont take the pain away, it could distract you enough to be able to cope better.

I'm out on whether it works or not, as I had mine implanted in May this year and have yet to be able to use it as the coverage isn't right and they can't put it right without another operation. I was given a choice, either opt out now or try a different lead.

I feel that the sensation I am getting (but in both legs, not just the one) could benefit me ... therefore I'm giving it a go, despite all my family not wanting me to.

I hope all goes well and it has been a very draining 6mts I have had to go to the hospital twice only once again they try to give me pain meds.The first time I filled them but soon as I went to a doctor I have always got well you are addict and I just stopped everything it has made a grown man cry as they say and after reading the posat here and research I think this SCS may help I am unsure about a phsy elval I did see 2 psychiatrist in past and they both have advised that I have a real need for pain meds and recommend it the only thing you could say bad about the report is they say I am very aggressive as I told them yes I am cause I research everything and ask a lot of questions and doctors seem to get very upset at that.
I do want all the info I can get I really feel for all about the pain I am nervous cause this pain management doctor is new and in another state.
wdt5150 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-08-2011), ron h (07-08-2011), Sophie_ (07-08-2011)