View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I go to an extremely small college with 120 students total. I see everyone every day. I got my first concussion in the second semester of my freshman year. My concussion changed school policy about how to handle students with injuries. I got between 4 and 8 other concussions (not exactly sure if some of them were concussions, or just me getting worse 'cause I bumped my head). I have been in constant pain, have dropped out of a lot of the normal college events, and most strangely dropped out of dancing. (I started the ballroom dancing club at my school which is attended by almost every student at some point). This past semester I found out two things that shocked and angered me. First that most people did not know I was still hurting. Second, that those who did know I was still hurting thought that I was faking it and being a whimp. If they only knew!

Anyways, just wanted to vent.

As far as being aggressive in your way, I think I will try it. So far all my energy has gone into snapping at people and being grumpy because I don't feel good. I feel bad because I am so hurtful to the ones I love the most. Even if they know I am hurting, it is still hard to bear my nastiness. Maybe if I channel that energy into helping myself, it won't be there to be mean.

Well,
Good Luck All!
God Bless!
Margarite
Margarite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote