View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Strength for Christians

Dear Brethren,
I only thought of this tonight and had to share it with any who are interested.
I was concentrating on the Christ being crowned with thorns, as I have many times since my first concussion. I was focusing on the relation of his suffering in such a distinct way as are we PCSers. Then this thought came to me.

Christ's sufferings were to not only redeem us so that we can be in heaven with him, but also to sanctify our life here on earth. His suffering sanctified our sufferings so that we could have the grace and strength to make it through the hard times.
Why did he have to be crowned with thorns? The whim of some Roman thugs? God at the whim of such men? I think not. He specifically allowed himself to suffer a bad headache (to say the least). While this suffering might mean lots of other things, I think we can also take strength from his suffering.
I take strength that he suffered in the same way that I am right now. He sanctified that suffering and made available a special grace for headache sufferers. He suffered so that we might be made strong and might have the means to get through it, and even make ourselves and maybe the world a better place because of our suffering with him and through him.

I don't know if I am making any sense or if this will help anyone. It has helped me and I just thought that it might help someone else too.
Pray for me, as I do for you.
God Bless!
Margarite
Margarite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (01-10-2012), Eowyn (07-08-2011)