View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Update--

Good news for the most part.

Pathology report came back. (My radiology friend must have sat on the pathologist's head.)

The big left side nodule has no cellular atypia and a lot of colloid. Looks for all the world like a colloid adenoma, a benign lump often found in multinodular goiter, which was a distinct possibility raised in the report.

The right nodule (the 0.5cm one) did not have enough cellular aspirates to be diagnostic--mostly liquid came out of it (possibly considerable cystic component)--despite my radiologists continued poking. Report says a repeat FNA would be a good idea, but my friend says just monitor for now--nodule is small, had no characteristics making it suspicious for malignancy on her own ultrasound examination. We can always go in and do the biopsy again if it grows, but she strongly suspects it's another goiterous lump.

At least I get to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday now. (She, of course, had total thyroidectomy for micropapillary carcinoma in 2008, which is part of why this made me so crazy--fortunately her markers have been clean since.)
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote