Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up With you there Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_ View Post
Hi WDT,

Must of what Mark and Karen (Saffy) have said I completely agree with. I bet the doctor that told you you were a pain addict hadn't a clue what he was talking about, I bet he's read the books, looked at the patients but as for pain, he doesn't understand it, he doesn't understand what it does to a person, he basically hasn't a clue and I bet if he was try to walk in your shoes for a day he wouldn't last 5minutes. My reaction to him would be right then i'm off!

I've been there done that I can tell you, my biggest problem when I was 21 was that they didn't believe someone of my age could have such a huge problem let alone require a discectomy, ten years later, same problem different chapter, this time I wasnt taking any crap from them and I suppose being a woman with tears in my eyes they couldn't call me agressive but lets say my husband wanted to pull the head off one doctor for they he spoke to me, he told me the pain was in my head. How f** king dare he!

To cut a long story short I spent many years in Ireland trying to find a doctor who would first believe me and second was able to treat me (it's all in my bio if you fancy a read) I eventually found this pain physician and he agreed the SCS was the way to go. I had it installed in December just gone and the outcome is truly amazing. I've managed to cut back on my pain meds and im up out of the bed and walking everyday. I'm even back at work. I basically got my life back.

Since then I have had some tweeking sessions but I believe this is normal, my doctor did tell me it would take about 18 months to get things right and so far he hasn't been wrong.

As for the physc eval, mine was a piece of cake, she basically asked me about my pain my support, did I fully understand the technology and did I understand that this was a piece of metal that would be inserted into me. I didn't find it a problem, she did ask me about the meds, I probably siad yep, i'd agree that I wil have a little problem coming off them but i said i will cope and that I am a strong willed person with lots of support. I didn't lie but she seemed to understand the pain.

I hope this helps, were a good group here and ask us anything ya like, you don't say where you're from? I'd love to know it makes a difference from each country.

Take care

Sophie
I have been with my wife when docs were in need of removal of a variety of parts given the way they treated her because of her gender and I am sure and for certain about that. Problem is, I am both capable of such anger and well informed of the consequences of exercising it, thus, I manage control and support her as best I can... At least nowadays, her primary doc is female and FAR MORE RESPECT is accorded her.
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ron h (07-08-2011)