Thread: Afraid
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 10:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so sorry that you and your family are also suffering from RSD/CRPS. The amount of pain your brother must be feeling on a daily basis is indescribable. For me, if I was blind, you could not convince me that my arm was not filleted open bleeding out, hanging lifelessly next to me. I've begged doctors to cut my arm off, although now it has spread higher to my neck, and cutting off limbs doesn't get rid of RSD anyhow . I have recently had a SCS implant to try and help with the pain. So far it's not really helping, but I'm still healing. I have been able to "heal" the most by coming on these support groups and talking to a therapist weekly. I would strongly urge your brother to find a support group that HE feels comfortable expressing himself on. Just finding others that are going through your pain, and being able to relate to SOMEONE brings you such a sense of relief and hope. I will give you my email below, I encourage you or your brother to contact me just to talk about CRPS/RSD and how it affects the family.
Best wishes for you and your family,
Eli Jennings
elijjennings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (07-08-2011)