View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 10:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink Never gone over my Rx meds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I feel it is not ok regardless of how high her pain is to be taking more meds than her doctor rx for her. This can be dangerous. So by you stating what you did to her it is out of care not that you want her to hurt. Could you maybe go with her to a doctor apt and explain this to the doctor? Maybe he can adjust the meds or add in a safe one.
As time has went on I have really worked hard to change how I respond and speak to my support my mom. I used to not on purpose but say things that I think made her feel guilty or get angry easily. She stated that I did those things and it opened my eyes. It is not ok just because I was in pain to do this. So now when she suggests something I try to be open to her suggestions and know it is out of love. If I am hurting or upset I either say I am not up to talking or try to remind myself that it is not my moms fault and that I need to be calm and cope better. Same with your family members.
This is not easy I know and takes time but I think you both need to speak up for yourself. In the long run it makes things better for everyone.
I just wanted to defend myself, just a bit. I have NEVER taken more Rx medication than I am prescribed. My husband was referreing to an alternative medication that is not an opioid or narcotic, also ALL of my doctor know I'm on the medication and my usage. For some reason that was the only thing I really couldn't understand. I know it's different being a spouse than a patient, but I really just felt like I need to say that I have NEVER taken more prescribed meds than allowed. Thanks for letting me vent.
elijjennings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote