View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 05:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default to astern

hi astern i hope this is the correct method to reply to your question. the job which i was performing for 10 years prior to and including the time of my injury is installer of products such as awnings, indoor window blinds, inbuilt wardrobes. i am one of those people who work often with their arms above their heads and suffer from TOS. there are a few reasons that i may sound like a health professional. 1) after sometime i understood that the health system was not helping me get better and was in many ways making me worse. i decided to try and get an understanding of the different opinions as to why and how TOS occurs. the history of the understanding of TOS, RSI and other work related upper limb disorders is quite interesting. as a consequence i find that i may phrase sentences in a similar manner to that of medical professionals. 2) part of my rehabilitation for my work injury has meant a career change. i can no longer instal awnings etc. i now write standard manufacturing processes(SMPs) for my work place and i have been studying occupational health and safety at college. 3) it became apparent that medical professionals were not reporting the circumstances and conditions of my injury as i had described it. so i now describe it in ways that can not be misinterpretted. here in australia we have a party game called chinese whispers. someone whispers into the ear of the person alongside them a statement which has been written down, that person does the same to the person next to them, and so on. the joke is how much the original story is changed when it gets to the end of the line. see you later
towelhorse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote