View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 02:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Do you know what it feels like for the first time in three years to have HOPE? Thank you for some hope!!!! I copied this, my neuro is great, he said he will run any test I want and re run them. Will go now and check my B vitamin results!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Shortness of breath+ episodic GI motility + flushing = Carcinoid.
If not carcinoid then a tumor secreting biogenic amines. (Ovary or Lung are the most common sites). Some patients with elevated serotonin develop mental instability which doctors point to as "all in the head", and ignore the serotonin possibility.

I'd get the tests done for this. There is a new blood test that is easier than the 24hr serotonin urine.

Chromogranin A (CgA)

Most people have Carcinoid for many years, before it is discovered.

Also I am unclear about the timing of your Copaxone treatment. But this drug is known for causing pancreatitis.

And I cannot emphasize this enough... it happens here frequently.
Get your B12 numbers from your test. Don't accept "normal" because the ranges used today are out of date. If your test page does not flag 200 as low (or anything below 400), which it won't, you are living with a B12 deficiency and thinking you are normal. When B12 is low in the serum, it cannot transfer to the spinal cord either. This results in combined degeneration of the spinal cord, which mimics MS.

You may have more than one thing going on. So keep that in mind.
katieindixie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-08-2011)