View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan got his 4th infusion!!! got a migraine!!!!

Well, since he has never had one before, this threw him for a loop. He told me today "Melody, I never had such a headache in my life, I had such nausea!!!! I said "well, did you tell the nurse, and he said "oh yeah, they gave me two tylenol and I went to bed at 2 a.m.

They gave him the 4th infusion this morning.

Now this is what is confusing to me. A neurologist (substituting for his own neuro, Dr. Goldfarb), came over to the bed around 3 p.m. introduced himself and of course I began asking questions. He explained somewhat of the home infusion (and they will arrange it) but what he couldn't tell me was:

1. when does the meds arrived (or does the home infusion person bring the meds with them).

2. Do they hook him up, stay with him during the infusion and then unhook him??

3. How long is this home infusion, (in hours) and how long is the whole treatment plan?

I tried to ask this doctor (in a very respectful manner) but it was obvious he couldn't care less and was just checking to see if Alan survived the ivig and then be on his way. I mean, I can read body language if you know what I mean!!!!

I even asked him "how does the ivig thing do its thing?? how do the antibodies, when they leave the bag on the iv pole, exactly what does it do inside my husband's body (I know the answer because I got it from these boards) and I just wanted to hear it from this guy's mouth.

Well, he looks at me and says "I have no idea". Can you believe this???

I just thanked him for his time. He said "Dr. Zonenshein (the spinal surgeon) will be in to see Alan (he never came, and I'm not calling him). I'm not about to go bother some doctor who I never met and Alan has not even arranged an appointment with yet. This doctor's office has told us that this particular neurosurgeon will see Alan while Alan is in the hospital. So Alan is supposedly getting discharged tomorrow afternoon at around 12 or 1.

I hope the neurosurgeon has popped into him by then. If not, Dr. Goldfarb will consult with him.

Today, I sat by my husband's side, he was fine, he tolerated it fine. The neurologist did say that if Alan wasn't going to tolerate it (severe side effects, allergic reactio, kidney failure), he would have had it by now. Nice to hear he survived, right????

Then they bring in a guy and put him next to Alan. The guy goes to me "I'm a vampire". I said: "I beg your pardon"??? He looks at me and goes mm mm mm, (Like he's looking at an ice cream sundae). The nurse's aide attending him says to him "why are you looking at her like that, her husband is right next to her", and the guy says "I don't care, she looks good". Alan nearly fell off the bed and I, well let's just say, he did a lot for my ego.

By the way, the guy had to be about 75 to 80.

I STILL GOT IT GOING ON!!!!!!!

lol
Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote