View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 07:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Have you done ice packs? How about Lidoderm patches?

I fell a few years ago and pulled some tendons in my left hip.
I couldn't move for a month! When we got home my doctor gave me physical therapy orders, and they did inferential current electrostim and ultrasound 3 times a week. Within one week my pain levels had dropped immensely. I went for 3 months, and lowered down to once a week, near the end. Combined with the stretches they had me do and balance exercises, I did quite well. I did not heal up 100% and that side the tendons seem shorter than they were and I cannot reach my foot very well..but it is better this year than last, but only by a small bit. It still gets stiff now and then, but compared to the agony initially it is much better. The IFc and ultrasound were wonderful.

I would try something like this, and see if that helps. I used Lidoderms (RX only) on my lower back and also ice packs and that helped too at home.
I have been using lidoderm patches for 2 years no longer work anytime my leg or hip is being moved or rotate I suffer saverely that night so the less movement the better and I sleep with ice packs there isn't a rememdy i have not tried but thanks for your advice
nocure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote