View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You really have to look at the videos I posted and read the links.

Hypercalcemia is a risk, but a very very small one.
There has been a cardiologist who is recommending patients NOT take high calcium doses in supplements when using Vit D to raise their levels. His recommendation? No more than 600mg a day.

There have been studies on volunteers 10,000 units a day showing no hypercalcemia!

Later on I'll look for more on the hypercalcemia for you.

But to give you an example... I tested at 43, which is pretty good. But my doctor wants me at 70! It is when we reach 70 or so, that the anti-cancer benefits kick in.

I notice that I don't get colds or bronchitis any more since I started Vit D. And I confess I did so slowly too.
First I took, 1000 IU, then I raised to 2000 IU the next year.
Then 4,000 then 5,000, then tested at 43. I typically am outside alot in summer sunny months and get a nice tan, and feel great, then I would sink into misery by October. Now I don't sink into that misery.

Low Vit D is found in many sick people! The levels reported here on the various boards are alarming! The lowest I have seen is 3.

Why is my doctor gung ho with Vit D ? She got breast cancer!
Now when she sees the studies that Vit D prevents breast cancer she is taking it herself to prevent reoccurrance!
Ask yourself why young women are getting breast cancer today...25yr olds. A colleague in my hubby's office, his daughter who was 28 died from breast cancer.

Here is the Vit D thread: with links to new information:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread92116.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rosie33 (07-10-2011)