View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 12:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I'm sorry you're having such problems. I know how awful the pain can be.

Surgery isn't always the answer. Surgery does not always relieve the pain -- many times you're left with the same pain or worse after surgery. Surgery ONLY corrects mechanical problems. it's no guarantee that your pain will be relieved.

Once you have spinal surgery, often you're never the same. You will have SOME limitations after surgery -- you have to protect the back from further injury. Also, there is the danger of the "domino" effect. many times the levels above/below the surgery site will fail -- causing you more pain & the need for further surgery. This is because those levels have to take on more of the "load." So make SURE you research the kind of surgery you expect to have, so you know all the dangers & risks. Plus make sure your surgeon has done alot of these surgeries -- and do a background check on him. You can check online if he's had any lawsuits against him, i.e. malpractice, etc.

I wish you the very best -- if you do have surgery, I pray that it works for you. Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing. God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote