View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy New member - need Concussion help

Hello all, I'm a new member. I need some help, please. I gave myself a concussion earlier this week. I can't remember which day, maybe Wednesday? I actually can't remember much at all. My kids were with me when it happened, so they filled some details in for me. They are 12 & 14yrs old, so this is their story:
It was morning. I got ready for work as they got ready for me to drop them off at the Boys Club. They raced out of the house to the car (first one there gets the front seat). I left the house last, locking the doors behind me. My son was searching for a permission slip over the sunvisor & left it extended straight down. I didn't notice the visor, so got in the car as usual. It's a Toyota Camry. The driver seat had been moved forward. As I slid into the driver seat, I banged my head, at the temple, on the sunvisor with the force of my body weight. I'm 5'4" & 140lbs. No one believes that though, everyone thinks I weigh 120lbs for some reason. Anyway, the boys said I grabbed my head and leaned over the steering wheel for about 10 minutes. We sat in the driveway another 15 minutes before I pulled the car out. They say I told them I couldn't see, then could see but everything was doubled. I drove them to the boys club and then myself to work. I do remember the pain inside my head & how strange it seemed to not feel like a headache or migraine. I remember the pain moving from my right temple, backwards on my head, toward my ear, then into my neck.

I saw the nurse at work, she sent me to my Dr across the street. The Dr said I'd be fine after he did some "tests" for cognition, nerve endings, etc and told me to go home. (I have the Dr note for that, so I can remember.)

Since that day, I randomly get nausea, fall asleep, am disoriented easily, and am stuck in slow motion. Everyone I have spoken to at work says concussions are nothing. But, I'm really bothered by the memory lapses, dizziness, and overall lack of energy. I have never been this slow moving. I have ADHD! It's like I'm lethargic, but I'm not. Oh yeah, and the "brain freezes" have pretty much creeped me out also. My head still hurts in a strange, non headache way when I stand, sit, bend over or move too quickly. The random falling asleep thing is strange to me because I've always had insomnia. Now, suddenly, I can fall asleep anywhere it seems

Is this normal? If it is, how can I make it go away?

Ps. I apologize in advance for any auto corrects my phone may do, when I hit the submit button :-)
CSACHB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote