View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I recently had a cervical implant

Quote:
Originally Posted by showdy View Post
Thank you all for your responses. It amazes me how many people have an scs implant. I didn't even know it existed until a month ago. My doc told me that I wouldn't be able to bend or turn my head for 4 to 6 weeks due to risk of the leads slipping but, when I'm miserable, my shoulders stay shrugged and my head leans forward.so hopefully the scs will work so I can relax my shoulders.I have the trial next week and I'm praying it works.
I recently had a cervical paddle lead implant, and then a revision surgery because the lead moved. I was in a cervical collar for 6 weeks, with no bending, lifting of more than 5lbs, or twisting. The first time around they were able to get excellent coverage, for a few weeks. After the lead moved they were unable to ever achieve the coverage. Now it seems to be making my pain worse so I'll be going back to my neurosurgeon and programmer this week to see if we can do something to help. For now I have to leave it off.

From my understanding, cervical implants are much rarer. You may want to ask your doctor how many he has done. When I did I found out my first doctor had NEVER done was, I was going to be the first. I found a different surgeon with much more experience. I may not be happy with the stimulation but I'm certainly happy not to have had to many additional complications that can occur.

Please feel free to PM if you have any questions. I wish you the best of luck with your trial. I felt for a few weeks the wonderful pain relief it can provide.

Eli
http://rsdburningsacrifice.blogspot.com

elijjennings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-12-2011), ron h (07-10-2011), showdy (07-10-2011)