View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 11:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijjennings View Post
I recently had a cervical paddle lead implant, and then a revision surgery because the lead moved. I was in a cervical collar for 6 weeks, with no bending, lifting of more than 5lbs, or twisting. The first time around they were able to get excellent coverage, for a few weeks. After the lead moved they were unable to ever achieve the coverage. Now it seems to be making my pain worse so I'll be going back to my neurosurgeon and programmer this week to see if we can do something to help. For now I have to leave it off.

From my understanding, cervical implants are much rarer. You may want to ask your doctor how many he has done. When I did I found out my first doctor had NEVER done was, I was going to be the first. I found a different surgeon with much more experience. I may not be happy with the stimulation but I'm certainly happy not to have had to many additional complications that can occur.

Please feel free to PM if you have any questions. I wish you the best of luck with your trial. I felt for a few weeks the wonderful pain relief it can provide.

Eli
http://rsdburningsacrifice.blogspot.com
I couldn't find a doctor local that would even recommend having it, I found one 4hrs away a neurosurgeon that had done three with success and he is sending me to a pain management unsure about him haven't met him yet Monday will be the day for a consult , so right now just what I have read and discussed here is the only information I have , I just am unsure what to do since my I have been on my own for 6mts now I do know what to do I cant keep this up.I really think that I should have stayed on the meds due to I could have at least done some things but under the circumstances I got tossed aside like they were playing with dolls they didn't seem to care if it hurt or if something got broke.Ever since I couldn't get a pain doctor local to see me and help. I found a new neurosurgeon and all he did is set up a consult for the pain management go figure.And I give it to him he tried local first but once again they said no "wouldn't give me or him reason" so now I will drive 5hrs to see if I can get the SCS trial.
wdt5150 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-12-2011), ron h (07-10-2011)