View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 11:52 PM
TonyaV

TonyaV

Default My 2 cents

I do believe stress forces PD, among many other diseases, to rear its ugly head. Are we genetically predisposed? Probably. Are environmental factors a huge part in causing PD? I think so. These things (i.e. pollution, pesticides, toxins, the absence of essential nutrients in our soil because man has tried so hard to get rid of the pest that threatens his sustenance, his livelihood; and making big bucks, of course) must all play a part in keeping us unprotected and defenseless against disease. But, man is programmed to make things right, make life better. Oops, I'm drifting off the subject.
And, wouldn't major trauma be the ultimate of stress factors?
So, if we put all of your answers together, then we would probably have THE answer. All of these are likely factors in the physical and mental development of PD. Of course, the gene would have to be in place first, right?? And, abusing your body with lack of sleep, alcoholism, overeating, not eating enough, etc.. are also stress factors.
Another thought (and another subject) is what about the cause of the "Palsy" before modern civilization, before chemicals were put in/on the ground, in the animals? They suffered great stresses, also.

I do appreciate this thread and all the input. I appreciate Reverett's openness, and Marcia not wanting to talk about that decade of pain, and Laura sharing her fight with those who threaten her livelihood/secure future because of ignorance and total lack of compassion(do they not have at least one loved one or close friend with a debilitating/progressive disease?).
The only things I know for sure in all of this is that I was extremely stressed over huge family issues that caused a lot of bad feelings right before I noticed a tremor in my left hand. Five years later, three traumatic things happened all within 2 weeks and the PD decided my left side was lonely and wanted the right side to make it complete. Pain set in a year and a half later. And now after 2 1/2 years of severe dystonial pain and weakness, progression is rapid. Ironically, the rapid progression is more than likely caused by the stress and grief from the pain that comes along with PD, and an adverse drug reaction months ago that I won't get into on this thread.

Laura, I say do whatever you have to do to protect yourself, your son, your livelihood, your future. We do have rights in this country. We have a constitution written and signed by men who wanted freedom and protection from bullies.

Everyone here has something to contribute no matter the differences in opinions. I'm benefiting from you all. This life isn't what we expected or what we had in mind when we were dreaming of our futures. But, each of you are helping PWP's know they are not alone in this fight. I would have never thought PD could be so complex.

Sorry this is so long. I'm not likely to say this much again.

Tonya
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (07-10-2011)