View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 12:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by art chick View Post
One thing I do for quick absorption of mestinon is chew it up and hold it under my tongue. I have heard it produces less stomach upset doing it this way too. After it of it has been swallowed, drink a bit of water. It is not lovely to have to taste but it is manageable.

UC Davis is THE place for a muscle biopsy so rest assured you are going to the right place for your son.

Good luck and best wishes, debra
Thanks for all the info and the good wishes. We just got back from the hospital...second go around. When we left the first time (against my better judgement), my son couldn't eat or drink...and he didn't get any better at home. Two days later he was dehydrated, and cramping, so back we went. Since it wasn't a neuro problem this time, he was treated by the GI team, and finally got the whole thing under control. I'm just a mom, so what do I know, but I think he got a stomach bug, it caused a "crisis", then they gave him Mestinon on an empty, irritated stomach, that never got a chance to get better. At the hospital, they took him off the Mestinon, and decided to keep him off of it since we should be getting answers at Davis this week. He lost 12 pounds, but feels really good now, and is eating everything in sight.

Is there really no one on this board who has been treated/diagnosed at Davis?
sdmama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote