View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 02:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Afraid of diagnosis

Hello everyone, I've spent some time reading threads here. So sad to see so many going through this. I'm still holding out hope I have something else going on...I have not seen a Dr. about this but plan to soon.

I have however spent a fortune at the dentist, root canals, filings etc. No relief. I would say symptoms began about a year and a half ago, I am 26. It started in a phase for about a 2 week period and disappeared for months with maybe a very occasional attack, nothing life disrupting. After my most recent root canal I was pain free for a few months and thought maybe it was solved.. well in the last few days its back! I'm getting 10 to 20 of these electric shock episodes per day. Sometimes they last seconds other times they leave burning that last hours at times. No determinable trigger, I'm doing absolutely nothing most of the time it begins. The pain is always in the jaw/gums...but both sides.

I'm terrified it is TN, and have delayed a real medical opinion in hopes of finding a dental cause...I'm also afraid of sounding like some hypochondriac stooge who diagnosed themselves from the internet and looking like a drug seeker. Will a doctor who's never seen me before take me seriously? This is the worst pain I've ever felt and I feel so defeated after this latest bout...can't work, can't go out, can barely function. I feel very desperate yet still don't have the strength to know for sure or be blown off like by my dentist. Every moment without the pain is blissful relief!

Well, hope for some courage for me and I admire all your strength. Any advice pis very welcome.

Hugs to all,
Melissa
HarperSi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote