View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 03:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefamilypets View Post
Hi Everyone,

I failed my first two rounds of Social Security Disability and am now on to my final third round where I have to go in front of a judge.

I've read about other people's experience, but I have NEVER heard anyone mention the judge hiring medical experts and vocational experts to come to the hearing and cross examine the person requesting disability.

The Judge is sending a medical expert and a vocational expert (who I've never met or heard of) my records and is requesting them to come to the hearing to testify against me.

IS THIS NORMAL?
Hi lovefamilypets,

That is tough. I don't know how normal it is for a judge to take his own time to compile evidence against you. I'm assuming you have an attorney I would question him on it.

It took me a long time to get disability also. I was denied the first time and then got it on the appeal. But before I was approved I had to agree to give up a year of backpay. They take a year as it is so I lost 2 years of earnings in lew of not having to go in front of a judge. So much time had passed while it went through the process that they owed quite a bit of backpay by the time my case came on the court calendar. So as long as they only had to pay me 3 years instead of 4 I didn't have to go in front of a judge. They plays games just like any one else. I wish you the best.

Go to the disability section on this fourm it has people who really know the system.

Good Luck.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote