View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
get attached to people (things, too!) so i can't imagine changing ... and possibly ending up with ... well, not better, for sure. then again i don't feel like the therapy is particularly therapeutic....
Dear Waves,
One option is to find a DBT group that would be an alternative to the current doc. You could find some workbooks and audios.

Can you take a 4 month break from him to try someone else? You agree with him that the forth month is temporary?

Quote:
SO if i got a new T, i think i'd have to get a new psychiatrist too and lose him completely.
Find out if this is true. Can you keep the pharmacological management guy and find someone else (not permanent) for talk therapy about feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
get attached to people (things, too!) so i can't imagine changing ... and possibly ending up with ... well, not better, for sure. then again i don't feel like the therapy is particularly therapeutic....
I remember reading years ago that finding a good therapist can be harder than finding a good friend. Considering finding a new therapist requires instense dissatisfaction at the status quo., willingness to deal with change, and trust in onself that one can make the right decisions.
You can change when you are ready. Take your time.

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-10-2011), BlueCarGal (07-10-2011), DiMarie (07-10-2011), Dmom3005 (07-10-2011)