View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 06:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ Steroids are HARD on the body, particularly on the bones. According to all the medical journals I've read, if you haven't gotten relief from the FIRST injection, do NOT get any more. Besides, these are just a "bandaid" fix -- they don't "cure" anything. The pain WILL return after the injection wears off. Alot depends on the length of time that you get relief. I've heard of people getting relief from one week to one year. They NEVER worked for me. Doctors like to suggest them because they get paid anywhere from $1,500 to $2,500 just for GIVING you the injection!

These injections should be done under fluroscopy too. That way the doc knows that he's putting the injection EXACTLY where it needs to go. Some doctors used to give them just by "feeling" the area -- that's dangerous.

Also, anything that it injected in the spinal space can cause arachnoiditis, which is a very painful, incurable disease. It is the inflammation of the arachnoid space in the spine. They have found no way to get rid of it.

Best of luck & if you do get the injection, I hope it works for you. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote