View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 07:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had a ton of injections, none of which helped. My PM doctor then "pushed" a Spinal Cord Stimulator on me to "help with the pain". Well, the damn thing was implanted twice - the first attempt was a total flop, the battery moved so much my remote wouldn't communicate with it and the leads in my spine migrated. The second atttempt was even worse. They had to surgically place a paddle in my epideral space of my spine, meaning they had to chisel away some of the vertabra to get it to stay in place.

Since then, I have attempted laser accupuncture (can't have traditional, as I have an allergy to metals) and IV laser. My PM doctor that attempted the accupuncture prescribed an H-Wave unit which is like a TENS unit, but suppose to be more advanced. I love my H-Wave, the only problem is the unit needs to be charged quite frequently, and cannot be used while being charged.

Good luck on your care, do a lot of research. If you find you want to try the injections, I would stop if the second one doesn't work.
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote