View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Showdy,
During my trial I got good results but at a lower setting. I do have to turn my scs up higher now with the perm. one. I don't quite know if it's because the lead moved a bit or what. I do know it works though. I have to agjust it when I am in different positions, especially lying down. I turn it down low but I never turn it off. I don't have paddle leads.

I have a Medtronic rechargeable battery. Since I ussually have two programs running at the same time I have to charge it once a wk but when I first got it I only had 1 program and only needed to charge it every other wk or maybe even a bit longer than that.

I've been having to deal with workers comp and it's not fun at all. They actually had their IME dr's say I was faking. Why would anyone fake this monster? I have been in constant 24/7 pain for two and a half yrs now, I just want my life back. They are even giving me a hard time getting to see a psychologist to help me deal with the anxiety etc. I had a great job, now none. I feel like a burden on my family. Sorry about venting.

I'm happy with the scs but I do get stiff neck from it. I hope you have good reps to ddeal with. Mine were very nice but I had a different one for the perm one than for the trial. They don't tell me much but I did ask alot of questions at the time. Now I questions about what permanent restrictions I have?

Does anyone else get nervous during a lightning storm?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showdy View Post
My new doc has a great reputation and he genuinely seems to care. He has done cervical leads. We've talked about the rarity of cervical scs and has answered all of my questions. First time I've felt good about a doc in a long time. Instead of saying"you need to figure out ways of dealing with it, its not going away. You have a permanent disability. " when your barely forty those words hurt almost as bad as the real pain. This doc is giving me alternatives to dealing with it. Thanks Ron for sharing with us and I think I cant pm until I have twenty posts. Believe I read that somewhere. Please keep responding everybody, I'm learning more and more everyday.
Thanks, Show d
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-12-2011), ron h (07-10-2011)