Thread: Coconut Oil
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Coconut Oil

I've been reading about coconut oil and it's benefits.

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-...conut-oil.html

I bought some organic extra virgin coconut oil to cook with. It's expensive!! But I don't fry much of anything and only have to use a little for things like stir-fry and sauteing. It's good to use about a teaspoon for popping corn, too.

I found some 1,000 mg. capsules but can't readily find any info on dosage or side effects. The Jarrow formula recommends taking 2 softgels per day. They have 25 calories each and about 13 grams of fat.....but no transfat. Will taking this affect high blood pressure? I read that 3 tablespoons of coconut oil is recommended daily but that would equate to many capsules and alot of calories.

I'm planning to ask my doctor all these questions when I go but just wondered if anyone else has used Coconut Oil with success.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (07-10-2011)