View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Bryanna
I am a 41 year old male with a bridge over 1 extracted tooth from 2 years ago. The bridge came off about 6 months ago while flossing under it. It was reattached by my dentist. Been experiencing pain in my front support tooth area for several months, about 2 weeks ago the pain got out of hand. Went to my dentist and was referred me to an Endodontic who performed a root canal on my tooth. He spoke in a manner in which I understood what was going to happen and I am very pleased with his professional mannerism along with his staff.

The pain and facial swelling went away and yet I still had some tender issues in my upper gum area. I was prescribed Pen VK as well as an 800mg ibuprofen and 1000mg Tylenol rotating every 3 hours. The last two days is I have noticed some discomfort while biting on my back support tooth. Today while washing my face I noticed some more pain in my sinus area down to the tooth. This is what had led me to find this thread while searching for an answer on sinus/teeth since I have had two sinus surgeries in the past.

Here is what was sent to my dentist:

Today we had the pleasure of meeting and evaluating XXXX for endodontic concerns associated with his upper right bridge in the #3-#5 position. After taking several angled PA’s, a BW, and performing all tests #5 renders of DX of necrotic/SAP. #3 IS tender to percuss and bite on but responds to cold testing within normal. We opted to treat only #5 today.

Under 2 carts of lido w/1:100000epi we opened through a porcelain abutment to discover a two canalled necrotic system. We shaped the P to 18mms w/F3 and the B to 19mms w/F3. The two join as one near the apical 4 mms. We used copious irrigation with endoactivation dried and placed CaOH2 into the system in order to disinfect over the next 30 days.

My question is now that the swelling and tenderness is increasing would the right course be to look at extracting and if so what does that leave for my back support tooth once the bridge is removed. I have spent over $2000 on this one area since my baby tooth extraction. Your response based on what I have laid out for you would be appreciated.
netdude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote