View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the links, Annie. I'll study them. Now I remember where I heard that coffee is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor--from you!

Re: IVIG improvement: I was convinced at the time that it helped, but in retrospect I'm not so sure. The crash that put me in the hospital was triggered by a progesterone drop, as usual. I got better when the progesterone started building up (as usual). I did have two very strong weeks, but I've had those before and since. If the IVIG did help, it took two weeks before it kicked in. Then the end of my cycle hit, and I got worse as usual.

I was a very unathletic child--picked last for every team (but I'm OK now! Really!). I've always been clumsy. Gym class exhausted me. And I spent a ton of time in bed in the daytime, with books. So I guess it's a possibility, but none of this was to such an extreme that anyone though something was wrong with me--they just thought I liked to read, which was true and also typical in my family (my father was a librarian, and we were raised without TV). But I think anyone would have described me as a lazy child.

Thanks for remembering my potassium troubles. I have been taking great care to get lots of potassium. I ate beet greens today from the garden, planted just for me.

Thanks, Annie.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote