View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I swear, I was NEVER this busy when I was working. once I retired young I had a gaggle of folks think that just because I am home during the day that I was available to sit and wait for the cable guy or pick up packages while I was in town, or whatever...they just added to my list.

Folks think they are being friendly when they ask social questions such as "what are you going to do when you retire?" they have no idea they are being intrusive, and causing you stress, or discomfort. Consider it a good will gesture and not a nosey rosey comment. Think up a simple one liner such as "sleep! and then nap! and then doze off, and maybe I will go to bed early" try to inject some humor into it, and perhaps you can deflect them with your wit. Simple answers such a "run away from here!" keeps um smiling. I know you dont want to start biting at folks who truly mean well, but its horrible to be pecked to peices about things that are truly nonabeezwax.

Folks thought that since I did an early retirement that I must be chilling and relaxing. they had no idea I was home suffering, in pain, miserable, lonely and missing that fat paycheck. You just cant blurt that out tho. it invokes even more questions. Best to deflect um.

Hang in there.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (07-10-2011), SallyC (07-10-2011)