View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Tongue

Firstly, thanks for all the great feedback. LOL @ Kitty. I never thought of that when I wrote the title.

She's been here alone with me for 2 and 1/2 years but she's 10 and has known me as her primary carer almost all of her life. She lived with my daughter's father for a couple of years before coming back to me as I was living in an area where I couldn't have cats. I call her my daughter's cat because technically that's what she is, but I guess emotionally she's my cat. lol

So there's been no sudden change. At first she was inside day and night. Gradually I allowed her out in the day and she didn't go far at all. She has a special blanket on a table in a safe and secure place outside a window where she usually sits and watches the world go by. When my daughter does come to visit the cat loves to see her at first but then just ignores her.

She wakes me up so many times in the night. Last night she did the same thing. I need to change something.

One night I heard this awful commotion and opened the front door. I have taken to leaving the security screen door ajar with a chair keeping it in place. Otherwise she just sits there scratching at it until I am woken up and she is let inside again. She was sitting there crying in distress on the top of the security screen door which is about 3/4 of an inch in width.

There are other cats in the neighbourhood who usually roam around here all day and night. I'm wondering if she feels safer outside in the night at the moment while it is cold because the other cats are not around.

I don't want her out at night at all. Usually she would be brought in at sundown and go out again at daybreak. I didn't mind it so much when she woke me early, but she's only sleeping a few hours and then wanting to go out.

She has a kitty litter box in the laundry. Gets fed well. Gets treats. Is loved.

I don't think she misses anyone. I think she just loves annoying me and seeing my reaction. I think she loves to get her claws into my lounge suite because she knows I'll get up and put her outside.

She's hyperactive. She's a spoiled brat. Ugh. It's all my fault!!!
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueCarGal (07-15-2011), Kitty (07-10-2011), Koala77 (07-10-2011)