View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 10:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry I did not get back to you both sooner. I was waiting to hear what my cardiologist would have to say.

Ali-
Thank you for the info on POTS. Unfortunately at the time my blood pressure was high which is very unusual for me. My blood pressure normally tends to run on the low side of normal if not lower than normal. Anywhere from 100-110/50-60, partially due to the combination of medication I am on. I'm sorry you have to go through POTS. It sounds terrible. I hope your cardiologist finds out something to help you. The info fmichael provided about a cardiologist--a electrophysiologist--is great info. If you can find one in your area definitely go with one.

fmichael--
Thank you for the great information. Luckily my cardiologist is a board certified electrophysiologist--Dr. Ved Ganeshram. I saw him Friday for my 2 week follow-up and he had already ordered a Cardionet event monitor. I got it through UPS on Saturday morning and set it up Saturday afternoon with Cardionet over the phone. I have to wear it for two weeks. Basically it is hooked up through a phone line (or cell phone) and monitors you 24/7 and if you become symptomatic you hit a button and it contacts your doc with the recording. Good thing I got it yesterday because I have had several episodes today with tachycardia with my heart rate getting as high as 147. It has not been a good day.

As far as tachycardia being related to RSD via the cardiac plexus the only reference I have found is a brief statement in Dr. Hooshmand's Puzzle #19. But perhaps the event monitor will isolate where the tachycardia is originating from and as in the case of your wife they can go in and ablate that area. I will just be grateful if they find something an can fix it. It really wears me out to have a heart rate anywhere from 90-130 for hours on end. So far it has been over 10 hours today.

Again thank you for the great info.
Cricket
Cricket183 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (07-11-2011)