Thread: guinea pigs
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess76
I have 4 in one cage its double sided and very big I did have a problem at one time with some of them getting along but they worked it out. 2 of the guinea pigs I have come from the same mom so thet are sisters so they get a little annoyed with one another from time to time. How are you guinea pigs doing?
Our piggies are good. Can't believe they've gotten so big. Ours are cousins, both girls, but they've been together since they were about a month old, when we got them from the local pet store. Came with pedigrees, so if they're true, they share a grandparent or two.

We made them a C&C type cage, but instead of the second "C" we used huge underbed storage tubs as the liner, cut one end off each and joined them together. So our cage is 20" wide and 5 feet long, with an upper deck that is 15" by 20" with one of those barn-steps hut to get up there, so they have the hut, & the area under the deck to sleep/hide in, then all the open area and the top deck with various tunnels, stones, toys that we vary to play with. They seem happy. They run piggy races round and round, they popcorn, they come up to the edge wheeking at us whenever someone gets near, mostly begging for salad, of course!
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote