View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Well, I have a Neuro appointment this afternoon and my left leg is doing it's "thing" so hopefully I can demonstrate how gimpy my walk is. Usually my symptoms seem to magically disappear whenever I have a Neuro appt. but reappear once I get back home. Not Funny!!

My hips have been hurting and I know it's my gait that's causing it. I wonder if he will suggest PT? If I slow to a snails pace I can walk fairly normally but nobody walks that slow normally.

I've had the weirdest thing going on with my left leg, though. I'll be walking along...slowly....and it's like I lose the ability to move my leg when it's mid-air as I'm taking a step. Feels strange and when it happens I "stomp". My left foot doesn't land on the floor in a walking motion....my whole foot just lands flat on the floor. It won't do that again for a while but it always catches me off guard when it does. Sort of like my leg just freezes mid step. Is that as clear as mud? . I never know how to describe these things. It's barely noticeable unless you're looking specifically for it and only I can feel it.

Oh well, just something else that only us with MS can relate to!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (07-11-2011), Dejibo (07-12-2011), dmplaura (07-11-2011), Jodylee (07-12-2011), NurseNancy (07-11-2011), SallyC (07-11-2011)