Thread: PCS & Dizziness
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That is precisely why I went. There seemed to be little here talking about the concussion clinic there. I figured if I went and documented it I could feel a little better about sitting on a couch for two months. Maybe it helped someone?

Unfortunately they did little to help me other than correctly diagnose me with a neck injury and tie my remaining symptoms to that injury. That was very valuable to me but did not leave me with an opportunity to try the full rehab program.

I was told to by Dr. Leddy at UofB to get a therapist who could work with upper cervical neck injuries, which is apparently easy to find. I of course only heard, "you won't have a setback if you do stuff." So I just started going right back into my routine.

Exercise resumed. I went back to work full time. Stopped taking elavil/amatryptyline. I still had problems sleeping, some minor vertigo in the mornings and headaches after working out, (definitely neck related, see ice pack remedy above). But knowing I could just ignore it all without making things worse made my life about 1000 times better.

I scheduled an appointment with my main doctor to tell him about my trip to buffalo and to help me find a therapist. By the time I got there two weeks later pretty much everything had cleared up except the sleeping. Which is now mostly normal unless I sleep with my neck in a bad position.
chitowndizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote