View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

HOT! didnt walk today. too hot. I have been experimenting with my diet. I read an article that If you hit a plateau and cant figure it out start dropping foods off the list. #1 to drop is oatmeal. Well, I eat oat meal EVERY morning! I dropped it and lost 2 pounds in two days! They were saying that sometimes your body gets so used to a food, and some oatmeals have sugars in them and that causes inflammation...(I admit I was using the prepackaged stuff) and to simply allow your body to wash off of it should allow it to rebalance. I normall had to work my bum off all week to loose 1.5 pounds, so how can just dropping oatmeal make me loose a pound in one day? I must research this.

mom got her goodbye quilt on monday. Refused to answer the door for UPS so they left it tucked in her door. As she left she kicked it into the bushes and it lay there till this morn. My sis went over to take her to an MD appointment and asked if she was crazy to leave it out there. She said "its from the liar! I dont want it, and...she gave it to my drug addicted sister! so...that was money well spent. according to my neice sis refused the package and left it on the couch unopened. Either way I was done with that package. With the latest drama I know I made the right choice. Dear God how did I end up with such a mom? Well, it is what it is.

Saw a new neuro yesterday. Cute lil thing. She said "its time for your MRI!" I said "um..no!" she said "whuh? " I said you can have ONE every 2 years! not every six months. She had to get the head guy in the room, and we settled on one per year. We went on about my decreasing vision, my hug sx, and my brain tumor and then they threw out the standard of care...I went on about intubations, gastroparesis, severe anxiety, ...so we all met in the middle. Half as many as I wanted, but half as often as they wanted too.

my son is surviving well after his car accident, but living with sticky head is getting to him. She is a money bully and keeps taking his paycheck. How can he save for a car if he has zero money? He has asked if he can come up here. I said "for retraining, yes! for hangout and sob stories, no!" so he has already called all of the phone #s I gave him. He has several interviews lined up. God save me. this is going to be hard.

Thats how I am doing.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (07-17-2011), Kitty (07-12-2011), SallyC (07-12-2011)