View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Arrow

Glenntaj said it well. He gave some excellent sites.

CMT is a very complex set of syndromes. There are many types of it and it is not always inherited. They have DNA blood testing for some of the types - I think around 20 or so. The testing is very expensive if you have to test for all of the types that they have testing for. Even if the testing does not show CMT you still can have it as there are many types that they cannot test for. Symptoms can vary greatly even within the same family.

There is much that they are learning about CMT and much research going on. A good neurologist who knows CMT might be in order to help you find the answer. CMT is misdiagnosed even today as something else.

There is some good coverage of CMT in the new Quest magazine. If you do not get the magazine you can find it at the mda site. The MDA has been giving grants for years for CMT research.

http://www.mdausa.org and click on Quest magazine. It is a good read. I certainly do not know everything but I have learned a lot about CMT over many years of research and how it affected my family from way back in the generations. There always seems to be something new coming up concerning it. I wish you well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 07-12-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote