View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
For the most part, Trish, I enjoy being alone, so I'm of little help to you. I know what you mean, though, enjoying other Ppl living their lives and the children playing and laughing.

Like you, I do miss being able to jump in my car, at the drop of a hat, and go go go! I can't *jump up* and do anything, anymore.. I had to learn to relax and enjoy what I have and can do and to not dwell on the stuff I am unable to do.

I've had years to gear up for this, though, if I was still in my 40s, 50s or even early 60s, I would still be a bit anxious about it.

(((((Trish)))))
Thanks, Sally! Today is just one of those days where I don't feel like sitting in the house all day and want some company. I do miss jumping in the car and just going anywhere. A little over a year ago, when I had vertigo issues, I stopped driving as much. Like Dej, I go short distances. Long distances are tougher on me as it is hard to hold my leg in one position and, more importantly, due to a slow processor, I have a really hard time absorbing all that is going on around me in order to be a good driver. I am not "seeing" everything and find myself jumping or changing lanes due to some visual thing that made me jump and react and yet not fully checking the other lane before switching (Does that make sense?). So, I keep my driving to a minimum.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (07-12-2011), dmplaura (07-17-2011), Kitty (07-12-2011)