View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwk View Post
All these definitions are helpful, but how could a bulging disc cause PN through out the body? I know there are 100 reasons. I am just thinking of what relates to me. Also there is a great neuropathy group on FB called Neuropathy Friends. Check it out!
I asked my neurologist how come I have symptoms appearing all over and she said my nerves and spine were irritated and any irritation just upsets the network. I do not have a clue what she means.

I guess it is possible for a severe muscle spasm to put pressure on nerves causing them to release hormones and other things. Possibly the cramp is a symptom from the PN and not the cause of the increased PN. Long walks impact on your body can be an aggravating factor making everything hurt. If the bulging disc presses on the nerve and you have inflamation, your system will respond to fix that inflamation. Everything is connected, the body responds as a whole to try to fix itself.

Prednisone is containdicated in some forms of PN, can't recall which ones off hand. Wow, just a big bunch of suppositions.

Thanks for the info on FB, will check it out.
JB63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote