View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Tricia, it was difficult in the beginning when I gave up my car. One, because I can still drive when my vision is good. Two, because even though I rarely went anywhere anyway I always had the option to go if I wanted to. Now, I just can't. I can use DS's cars when I need to go somewhere but I feel like I'm being an inconvenience.

I've gotten used to being home most of the time. It doesn't bother me anymore. On days I do go somewhere it wears me out! Being alone doesn't bother me, either. In fact, most of the time I prefer it. But I do love having my kids around.

It was just too expensive for me to keep a car and all of the expenses that go along with it. As rarely as I drive it just wasn't practical. But, I've learned how to stretch a dollar and some good budgeting practices while being on SSDI. Everytime I hear on the news that they're planning to cut more out of the SS budget it scares me.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (07-12-2011), Dejibo (07-12-2011), dmplaura (07-17-2011), SallyC (07-12-2011), tamiloo (07-17-2011), tkrik (07-12-2011)