View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legzzalot View Post
Yes, but this goes back to my other question... if I am claiming his income, why can't I count the other child that lives with us? She is an expense...believe me! But the state is trying to claim his income as mine and only one child living in the house is being claimed because I am not his child's mother. It makes no sense.
Because you are not legally married and have not legally adopted this child. If I'm mistaken and you have adopted this child then yes, you should be able to claim her. If DBF has permanent full time custody and her mother is still alive she should be paying him child support.

Quite frankly, I'm terrified of more cuts being made to the SS and SS Disability systems. Yes, there are many recipients who rightfully deserve the benefits they receive. But, there are also many who "work" the system and collect far more than they are entitled to. This puts a huge burden on an already shaky system. And puts everyone's benefits at risk. And that's not right or fair.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
legzzalot (07-12-2011)